Tuesday, December 26, 2006

AME - Approvals Made Easy

One of my most interesting module that I have implemented in the recent past is AME. Its a small module but extremely powerful. It simplifies the approval process for self service based transactions. When AME is enabled SSHR uses it to route the transactions untill no approvers are found. In this note I will try to explain AME the way I think it works

AME setup comprises of 4 components called atributes, conditions, actions and rules. You setup attributes, conditions, actions and tie them together using a rule. Actually speaking, the setup is nothing but a mathematical equation, which can be expressed as

When attribute A has a value B then the approver should be C
........... --------------
............ Attribute
........... ------------------------.......................... ---------------------------
....................Condition...............................................Action
...........-----------------------------------------------------------------------
........................................................ Rule

This various componets of the equation are

  • Attributes: A is a property of the transaction that dictates how AME should behave e.g. name of the workflow process involved
  • Condition: When attribute A has a value B. e.g. When the workflow process name is HR_NEW_HIRE_PRC_JSP
  • Action: Approver should be C. This identifies who should perform the action. e.g. The approver should be person's supervisor
  • Rule: Conditions and Actions are tied together in a rule that is evaluated by AME. When all the conditions defined in a rule are met then AME notifies every person in the Action list before the transaction is approved.

When AME is invoked it evaluates all the rules that are defined for the product. It then combine the result (approver set) of all the rules and builds the final list of approvers.

So you can see that AME is very easy to setup. It simple maths.. Happy implementation

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lovе reaԁіng thrоugh a
post that cаn make ρеople think. Alѕo, many thanks for ρermitting me to cοmment!


mу site :: nummerupplysningen

Anonymous said...

What's up, everything is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's really
еxcellent, κeep uρ writing.

my blοg ... Nummerupplysningen.Se

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which
blog platform are you using for this site? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with
hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

My homepage - Jackpot 6000 free

 
Technology Blogs - Blog Top Sites